Our own Emma Daniel has captured a very interesting Networked Councillor-themed conversation between her and other councillors: Rowan Draper, Alison Hernandez and Jon Harvey. She has created a Storify – read it here.
I thought it worth sharing on the blog too, since the chat concentrates on blogging – and, er… what better place to mark that than on a blog, right?
Cllr Rowan Draper started things off by asking if anyone had tips on more successful blogging. Here are some of the advice he was given:-
- Cllr Emma Daniel: “@Rowan_Draper look for people who have the networks you want to reach, cc them in your blog posts and ask for feedback and comments.”
- Cllr Emma Daniel: “@Rowan_Draper a poll might provide feedback also, storify twitter feedback.”
- Cllr Alison Hernandez: “@Rowan_Draper @huxley06 you need to get in the thick of it. I could film, photograph, interview, write about folk every minute of every day.”
There was even some advice on the style of photo that might be appropriate for a political blog, with Alison Hernandez suggesting he needed to pick a different, more approachable angle for the shot. Cllr Jon Harvey also chipped with some advice of a different nature. He said:-
- “@huxley06 @AlisonHernandez @Rowan_Draper But to get more readers? Interact with other bloggers & read other blogs. Use@messages lots.”
- “@huxley06 @AlisonHernandez @Rowan_Draper do some original research using FoI. Hope that helps.”
The conversation also touched on other issues – this is very much edited highlights – so please do have a look at the Storify for the full version.